WARE ACADEMY CONTINUOUS ENROLLMENT PROGRAM
Each year the overwhelming majority of our students are re-enrolled by their families. In order to make this process more convenient for parents, Ware Academy will automatically re-enroll students for the 2018-19 school year and each subsequent year thereafter.
IF YOUR STUDENT IS RETURNING:
- YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING. FACTS Payment Registration and Re-enrollment will be completed for you automatically.
- Automatic debit will occur on July 1st, 2018. Tuition worksheets will be made available in January 2018.
Your new payment plan will use your prior year selections; however, you may change to a different payment plan by contacting the Business Office. As usual, the annual fee of $45 will be charged by FACTS for monthly installment plans. You will receive confirmation of your new payment schedule from FACTS.
- APPLY WITH THE DIRECTOR OF ENROLLMENT. Current families planning to enroll a new sibling should complete a new student application as soon as possible. Spaces are limited in some grades.
- Tuition deposits for new siblings will be made separately at the time of their acceptance and enrollment.
IF YOU ARE WITHDRAWING OR YOU DO NOT WANT TO RE-ENROLL A STUDENT AT THIS TIME:
- YOU MUST OPT-OUT or WITHDRAW (effective end of the school year) BY February 16th, 2018.
- COMPLETE THE RE-ENROLLMENT OPT OUT/WITHDRAWAL FORM AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. After completing the form, please submit it to the school. A staff member may follow up with you.
VERIFICATION OF UPDATED IMMUNIZATIONS:
- Please provide proof of new vaccinations to be added to your child’s health record.
- Students entering the sixth grade are required by the State of Virginia to have the Td (Tetanus) booster immunization if it has been at least five years since the last tetanus containing vaccine.
GRADE PLACEMENT DECISIONS: If you are conferencing with teachers concerning grade placement decisions for the following year, your child will be automatically re-enrolled, and places will be saved in both grades until a decision is made. Final decisions should be made by March 16th.
VARIABLE TUITION APPLICATIONS DUE BY MAY 25th: All families requesting Variable Tuition must complete a separate application each year. Families currently receiving assistance must re-apply annually by the deadline to be considered. Until a Variable Tuition application is approved, full monthly tuition is due. See Tuition Schedule for details.
Please see the Tuition Schedule for important additional information regarding payment terms, tuition and fees and refund policies. If you have questions contact the Head of School or the Business Office. We look forward to continuing to partner with you as we prepare for the next school year.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is re-enrollment?
Re-enrollment is an annual data collection process that schools use to update enrollment records of the current student body. This information is used as the school makes plans for the following school year. Basically, the simple question is: “Are you coming back to this school next year?” For planning purposes the leadership of the school needs to know how many students we will have on the first day of school.
Why Continuous Enrollment?
When students are continuously enrolled, from their initial enrollment into the school until they graduate from Ware Academy, the continuous enrollment system lets us maximize our resources to provide a Ware Academy education to our families at the highest level of excellence.
What is the Continuous Enrollment Payment?
This is the down payment or simply the deposit on each student’s tuition for the following school year. This payment is collected in order to assist the Ware Academy administration in effectively planning for staffing and curriculum for the following school year.
I have no plans to change schools. Can’t I just stay at Ware Academy until I notify the school otherwise?
Traditionally re-enrollment has been an opt-in program where families are annually asked if they are coming back. The school has asked the majority of families to go through this re-enrollment process each year for the sake of the small percentage of families that for one reason or another chose to leave the school community.
Rather than being the traditional opt-in process, Continuous Enrollment allows student re-enrollment to be an opt-out process. Returning families who sign their Continuous Enrollment agreements will never have to worry about signing this agreement again for the duration of the student’s enrollment at the school.
What will the Re-enrollment season look like after this year?
Once all of our families are on the Continuous Enrollment Program, the typical re-enrollment season (January – April) will simply be a communication reminder from the Admission Office informing the families that might be thinking about leaving Ware Academy to notify us prior to the February deadline. This means that those families who are intending to return the following year will have the convenience of not having to re-enroll.
What is the penalty if I break the agreement?
The same as it always has been. Ware families that are re-enrolled but who break the agreement by dis-enrolling their students will be obligated to pay the full tuition amount. However, for major life changes or unique circumstances, if Ware Academy can no longer meet your child’s educational needs, if we do not re-admit your child, or if there is some unforeseen circumstance that our Board of Trustees approves, there will be no financial penalty.
What will the Continuous Enrollment Agreement look like?
- I hereby opt into continuous enrollment. This means that my Ware Academy student will return to Ware Academy every year unless I notify the school otherwise.
- I understand that I have until mid February every year to notify the Enrollment Office of any changes in my plans of enrollment for my child/ren.
- If I breach this agreement by dis-enrolling after the designated date, I understand that I will be legally obligated to paying the full tuition amount.
- Ware Academy recognizes that major life changes and unique circumstances do occur. For any unique circumstances (such as the following), families dis-enrolling after the announced deadline will be exempt from the tuition penalty.
- Educational needs for the student can no longer be met by the school
- Dis-enrollment at the request of Ware Academy
- Other circumstance as approved by the Board of Trustees
What will the re-enrollment season look like?
- January 31st : Variable Tuition applications may be submitted
- February 16th: Opt out deadline
- March 9th: First round of Variable Tuition award letters are mailed out
- March 16th: 2018-2019 Tuition deposits are due
- April 13th: Final deadline for Tuition deposits
- April 16th: Transfers and new students will be added to the class list based on space availability
- May 25th: Final deadline for Variable Tuition Applications for returning families
- July 1st: First tuition payment is due in full or through automatic debit by FACTS